WE ADVOCATE FOR
- Providing the public—with special regard for patients—the best available information on Legionnaires’ disease.
- Requirement for prompt notification to communities of possible higher Legionella levels in the public water supply due to significant disruptions, including water main breaks, infrastructure changes and severe weather.
- Increased government and private research on Legionella and disease prevention.
- Improved water quality with greater investments in infrastructure to ensure consistently safe water quality throughout the public water distribution system to residences and buildings.
- Mandated use of CDC investigation protocols by public health officials to determine root causes of outbreaks and sporadic cases of Legionnaires’ disease.
- Widespread voluntary adoption of the Legionnaires’ disease prevention best practices found in the CDC Water Management Toolkit.